QBoard » Advanced Visualizations » Viz - Others » QlikView iis install without QlikView workbench

QlikView iis install without QlikView workbench

• My organization does not have QlikView WorkBench license. My question is, what are the limitations I will run into as I start using IIS with QlikView instead of QlikView web server.

Is it necessary to have workbench installed with license to be able to develop a web application using Visual studio to display QlikView files?

Currently we have QlikView Web server(non IIS install). If I migrate to IIS install, I just want to know if I may get stuck without a QlikView workbench.

Searched a lot on the net for this info but in vain, so please give some details. I am well versed with Javascript, Ajax, HTML and so on but not yet used them with QlikView .

June 12, 2019 4:48 PM IST
  • To answer your questions. There aren't any limitations, using IIS over Qlikview webserver is more of a personal preference, as most Qlikview experts do not have knowledge in IIS, if you are already familiar with IIS it might just give you an advantage in the future.

You do not need a workbench license to use IIS.

Here is a presentation to get started with Qlikview and IIS, although the presentation is of older versions the basics and fundamentals stay the same: https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2943

June 12, 2019 4:50 PM IST
  • QlikView WorkBench is used to build solutions with the QlikView AJAX client. It is a development
    toolbox for use with Microsoft® Visual Studio® and contains controls and templates for development of
    web sites and extension objects.

Proceed as follows to install QlikView WorkBench:
    1. Start the installation program, QlikViewWorkBench_x64Setup.exe or
    QlikViewWorkBench_x86Setup.exe.
    2. The installation program unpacks the files and computes the space needed for the installation. A
    welcome screen is then displayed. Click Next to continue.
    3. Select the language profile to use during the installation. Click Next to continue.
    4. The software license agreement is displayed. Read it and select I accept the terms in the license
    agreement. Click Next to continue.
    5. Specify the User Name and Organization for which the installation is to be personalized. Click Next
    to continue.
    6. Select the setup type.
    Complete: installs all program features.
    Custom: lets you chose the program features to be installed.
    Click Next to continue.
    7. Note! This step is only applicable if Custom setup was selected in previous step.
    If you want to omit a feature from being installed, open the context menu for that feature (WorkBench or QProxy)
    and This feature will not be available.
    Click Next to continue.
    8. The default installation path is displayed. If another path is to be used, click Change... and select or
    enter a path. Click Next to continue.
    Default value: C:\Program Files\QlikView\WorkBench
    9. Enter the path to the QvAjaxZfc virtual directory on the web server, that is, either QlikView Web
    Server or Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
    Default value: http://<mycomputer>/QvAjaxZfc/
    10. Click Test URL to confirm the path to the directory. If the test was successful, click Next to
    continue.
    11. The software is now ready to be installed. Click Install to continue.
    12. After the installation is done, click Finish to complete the installation process.
      August 4, 2021 2:45 PM IST