QBoard » Supporting Tech Stack » RPA » Can i delete multiple emails using RPA Automation Anywhere

Can i delete multiple emails using RPA Automation Anywhere

• I'm trying to do a task of Gmail to delete the particular messages in Automation Anywhere using Object Cloning and looping, looping is being done only for the first message even after giving the $counter$ in the path(after capturing) where it has to select the multiple emails in Gmail inbox. please have a look at the code in the attached screenshot. Any inputs are appreciated Thank You!
    1.open browser 2.object cloning:Get Property 'HTML Inner Text'of static text""from windows 'Inbox*';Assign to variable"$Prompt-Assignment",Source:Window;play-Type:object 3.Start loop"$Prompt-Assignment$"Times 4.object cloning:Get Property 'HTML Inner Text' of static text"Indeed" from windows 'Inbox*';Assign to variable "$Vsubject",Source:Window;play-Type:object 5.if $Vsubject$ EqualTo(=)"Indeed" Then 6.object cloning:click on pane windows 'Inbox*';Click type:Click;Source:Window;play-Type:object
      July 25, 2020 1:42 PM IST
  • I am not sure if you had any specific reason to use Object cloning for deleting emails which Include "Indeed".

My suggestion would be to try the below code. There would be no interaction with the UI, everything will be done in the backend. You just need to configure your gmail account when using the loop command.

1   Start Loop "Each  message on server: mail.myisp.com, User Name: test@gmail.com,  ServerType: IMAP, Message Format: HTML"
    2        If $Email Subject$ Includes "Indeed" Then  
    3             Delete Message
    4        End If
    5   End Loop
      August 25, 2021 2:55 PM IST
  • Where you are capturing the value for your prompt-assignment will be first question.
    If you have to delete certain emails which contains 'xxxxx' subject, then i would say
    1. Clone the search text box in Gmail and set the text to 'Subject:xxxx'
    2. Then clone the Search push button Then Gmail will give filter list, please check the list that it generated to you, if that is appropriate and exact.
    3. You can clone the comment select all check-box which selects all this resulted emails
    4. Use Object cloning command to delete them.
    Hope this helps , else please mention the condition that you are using to make decision to select the emails that needs to be deleted .
    Thanks
      July 25, 2020 1:47 PM IST