QBoard » Advanced Visualizations » Viz - Others » How to interface Python with Qlikview for data visualization?

How to interface Python with Qlikview for data visualization?

• I am using Scikit-Learn and Pandas libraries of Python for Data Analysis. How to interface Python with data visualization tools such as Qlikview?
    This post was edited by Mitali Bhavsar at August 5, 2020 1:57 PM IST
      August 5, 2020 1:55 PM IST
    • Nitara Bobal
      Nitara Bobal This link shows you how to integrate Qlikview and Python https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14011
      September 25, 2020
  • There's no straightforward route to calling Python from QlikView. I have used this:

1.Create a Python program that outputs CSV (or any file format that QlikView can read)
    2.Invoke your Python program from the QlikView script: EXEC python3 my_program.py > my_output.csv
    3.Read the output into QlikView: LOAD * FROM my_output.csv (...)
    Note that the EXEC command requires the privilege "Can Execute External Programs" on the Settings tab of the script editor.
      August 5, 2020 1:58 PM IST
  • Python is a very popular scripting language and below explains how to implement Python into QlikView by using the edit module.

In the below example, we will be returning operating system info by using Python’s platform module. First, we need to create our py (Python document):

python.PNG

Since this document is intended for audiences who are familiar with Python, I won’t be going through what the above Python code does, but in a nutshell we are creating a class and defining all necessary attributes and a function in order to use it via VBS. After that, we will need to save this document in a folder. I saved this as OperatingSystem.py on my desktop for the demonstration purpose and executed it on cmd:

cmd.PNG

As you can see, all the function that is defined within the class is registered, and available as a Windows library. Now the fun part, writing a macro in QlikView. Let’s bring the edit module window and type the below script which will display a message box with the operating system info:

editmodule.PNG

And then assign this macro to a button. Let’s test if the script is working:

qlik.PNG

August 5, 2021 3:57 PM IST
  • This link shows you how to integrate Qlikview and Python https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14011
      August 24, 2021 1:54 PM IST