QBoard » Advanced Visualizations » Viz - Tableau » Tableau making the viz height to be the same as on the server via API

Tableau making the viz height to be the same as on the server via API

• I have the following options to make the viz show properly in my container. Width wise it is showing up proper. My issue is the height, i have specified it as 500px at this time. How can i make the height to be the same as that on the tableau server?

var vizDivObject = document.getElementById('tableauVizDiv');
    var options = {
                        width: vizDivObject.offsetWidth,
                        height: "500px", //vizDivObject.offsetHeight,
                        hideTabs: true,
                        hideToolbar: true
                    };​

August 10, 2021 3:14 PM IST
  • According to the Tableau JavaScript API reference manual I can't see a way to get the height of the workbook before you create the viz. The viz will be created to fill the area you define. If you don't set a default height in either the div or the initializeViz() function, then the default is 600px. http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/v8.1/server/en-us/js_api_ref.htm

style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">To get the default size used by tableau I open the tableau workbook on the tableau server and then under "Share -> Embed Code" you will find the size used by the tableau server. I then use this use in the div

<div id="tableauVizDiv" style="width: 1304px; height: 862px;"></div>
    ​
      August 17, 2021 12:55 PM IST
  • In my case, we are supporting tablets and desktop browsers. The following worked for me since all of our vizs are dashboards, along with option width: vizDivObject.offsetWidth.

var workbook = viz.getWorkbook();
    var activeSheet = workbook.getActiveSheet();
    if (activeSheet.getSheetType() === 'dashboard') { //worksheet or dashboard
                        //alert(activeSheet.getName());
                        activeSheet.changeSizeAsync({
                            behavior: tableauSoftware.SheetSizeBehavior.AUTOMATIC
                        });
                    }​
      August 19, 2021 1:57 PM IST