QBoard » Statistical modeling » Stats - Tech » Sonar Runner fails with exception with rule

Sonar Runner fails with exception with rule

• I am trying to publish to Sonar using Gradle on a Java 8 project which is failing with the following error:

INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE
        Total time: 1:18.786s
        Final Memory: 25M/764M
        ERROR: Error during Sonar runner execution
        ERROR: Unable to execute Sonar
        ERROR: Caused by: Rule 'squid:S1192' can not use 'Constant/issue' remediation function because this rule does not have a fixed remediation cost.​

If I select my project to use the FindBugs quality profile then everything works and stats are uploaded to sonar. However if I turn on the sonar way profile the error above is thrown.

Looking at the error it seems it cannot find a remediation cost (which I think is required to work out how many days it will take to fix all tech debt)

I have tried uninstalling other plugins (JavaScript/Python/etc) and just leave Java. I have also tried tweaking the defaults in the Technical Debt settings. I have restored the default profiles also. All have had no effect.

I am using the following versions:

• sonar 5.0.1 (application)
    • sonar-runner 2.4 (gradle plugin)
    • gradle 2.3
    • java 8 (project to analyse)
    • java plugin 3.1 (sonar plugin)

Does anyone have any ideas please?

August 21, 2021 12:08 PM IST