QBoard » Artificial Intelligence & ML » AI and ML - R » Is it possible to call R functions and libraries in .Net framework

Is it possible to call R functions and libraries in .Net framework

• is their any possible way to call all the R packages/libraries and functions (packages like raster, rgdal, maptools etc.) in .net framework so that i am able to access all the features of R and run R script using .Net frontend....

September 2, 2021 4:51 PM IST
  • Well in general you use comInvoke:

s <- comInvoke(x,"Reverse")
    ​

However, since neither System.Text.ASCIIEncoding nor string have a Reverse method, you need to pick a different method to execute.
      September 3, 2021 1:29 PM IST
  • I found this library easier to use:
    Some reasons why:
    • Only a single .NET assembly is required
    • The DCOM Server actually requires several components from different places
    • One of the components has a very restrictive license. Only direct downloads from the website are allowed - no other form of distribution is permitted, by default, which is going to make deployment interesting
      September 3, 2021 5:27 PM IST
  • Start a new question, provide a small example of the code that you are trying to use, and explain the exact problem that you are having. Then we can try to help
      September 12, 2021 1:00 AM IST
  • The R Web site has links to several mirror sites where you can download and install R. The install is a simple self-extracting executable. R is supported on Windows XP and newer OSes, and also on most common non-Windows platforms. I have installed R on Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10 machines without any issues. By default the installation process gives you both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of R.

This article assumes you have at least intermediate level C# programming skills (so you can understand the explanations of the similarities between C# and R), but does not assume you know anything about R. In addition to explaining R techniques, this article presents a C# demo program that shows how to perform a t-test so you can compare C# and R. The C# program is a bit too long to present in its entirety but the complete source code is available in the download that accompanies this article.

September 17, 2021 1:08 PM IST