QBoard » Advanced Visualizations » Viz - Tableau » Tableau Dashboard without password in Tableau Online

Tableau Dashboard without password in Tableau Online

• I have Tableau Online. I have a few dashboards that I want to share without password access and embed in my public website. When I embed it ask for the password. I have tried various tableau authentication but its only available in Tableau Server.

September 8, 2021 1:07 PM IST
  • Actually this will not be done in Tableau online. Guest access is the word that you are trying to explain and this is only available in Tableau server. Tableau online doesn't have guest access because it has a different licensing model. 

But you can do it in another way like you can publish your visualization to Tableau Public, Because it doesn't require any authentication.

These limitations of Tableau Online are documented in Tableau Help.

September 16, 2021 1:52 PM IST
  • What you are attempting to do is not possible. Guest access, which is what you are describing, is only available with Tableau Server. Tableau Online has a different licensing model and does not include guest access. An alternative you might consider is to publish your data to Tableau Public. Tableau Public requires no authentication.

This limitation is documented in the Tableau help files as well as a number of Tableau community forum posts on their website.

September 18, 2021 12:38 PM IST
  • You could try publishing it somewhere and embedding your password. They give you that option in Tableau desktop.
      September 18, 2021 6:24 PM IST