QBoard » Advanced Visualizations » Viz - Others » How to share/port a dashboard in QlikView over non-web content?

How to share/port a dashboard in QlikView over non-web content?

• Background:
    1. ETL on source data from Excel, Access, Sql Server '8, .txt files.
    2. Data Cloud is created
    3. Dashboard is in progress
    I have searched online because I remember seeing a marketting demo video by QlikView that it's possible to share the dashboard among other users. Not just a snapshot image or pdf. The real dashboard as a working file.
    If client pcs receive a link to connect to the same data cloud via web - that's easy. But what I want to know, is it possible to package and "port" the entire working file with underlying data to another person? (I am not asking for zipping!)
      September 20, 2021 5:27 PM IST
  • Depending on if you've purchased a license for Qlikview, there are several ways to approach this... Best case scenario for you is if you and the client you want to send the .qvw to both have Named licenses, you can just send them the file and they'll be able to open it in their licensed Personal Edition. I'm imagining this is not the case since you mentioned they are clients and not colleagues within your organization.

You need to know that if the client or you do not own licenses, you will not be able to share a working version of your dashboard with them.

The common implementation would be purchasing Qlikview Server Software and then deploying a Qlikview server in the cloud that would handle incoming web requests and provide clients with an access point from which to access your dashboards (and underlying data). This solution requires you (or your company) to have purchased a set of licenses from Qlik as well as Server software.

You can review Qlik's license structure here. You may also want to review their End User License Agreement to make sure their model works for what you are trying to do.

December 2, 2021 2:53 PM IST
  • Depending on if you've purchased a license for Qlikview, there are several ways to approach this... Best case scenario for you is if you and the client you want to send the .qvw to both have Named licenses, you can just send them the file and they'll be able to open it in their licensed Personal Edition. I'm imagining this is not the case since you mentioned they are clients and not colleagues within your organization.

You need to know that if the client or you do not own licenses, you will not be able to share a working version of your dashboard with them.

The common implementation would be purchasing Qlikview Server Software and then deploying a Qlikview server in the cloud that would handle incoming web requests and provide clients with an access point from which to access your dashboards (and underlying data). This solution requires you (or your company) to have purchased a set of licenses from Qlik as well as Server software.

January 29, 2022 2:57 PM IST