QBoard » Artificial Intelligence & ML » AI and ML - R » Reset perspective in R Studio?

Reset perspective in R Studio?

• I'm pretty new to R programming. I'm using R studio, and all of a sudden it's no longer showing the workspace, it's only showing the console.

This is what it is supposed to look like

enter image description here

And this is what mine looks like now.

enter image description here

In Eclipse, whenever the workspace gets out of wack, I can just reset the perspective and everything it back to normal. I can't figure out how to do that in R Studio.

The default layout seemed to disappear after I restarted my computer.

November 20, 2021 12:39 PM IST
  • Can you try saving an image of your workspace? Below are a couple of links that might help.

Workspace link 1

Workspace link 2

My computer is set up already in such a way that it automatically loads up the previous workspace I decided to save. A more qualified person would be able to tell you how and why it retrieves the previous saved image instead of a blank one like yours.

December 8, 2021 10:26 AM IST
  • Opening a script file should split the windows horizontaly. If that doesn't work, click on the icon on the top-right corner of the RStudio window showing to windows: enter image description here

This should at least show the console and file panels.

To restore the side panels, move your cursor to the extreme right of the window, until the cross arrows cursor appears (enter image description here), and drag it to the middle of the screen.

November 22, 2021 12:13 PM IST
  • For all panes to be shown, go to View-> Panes and tick show all panes. Otherwise, ctrl+Shift+Alt+0 also worked for me.

November 23, 2021 1:08 PM IST