QBoard » Advanced Visualizations » Viz - Tableau » Simba ODBC Driver - Tableau+MongoDB - Can't view published Tableau dashboards in Tableau Server

Simba ODBC Driver - Tableau+MongoDB - Can't view published Tableau dashboards in Tableau Server

• I'm using Simba's ODBC driver for connecting Tableau to MongoDB. I connected my workbook to MongoDB, developed my dashboard and everything went pretty smooth. However, after I publish my workbook to Tableau server and try to open it, I get an error message:

"An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator. Tableau Server encountered an error. Contact your Tableau Server Administrator. Would you like to reset the view?"

enter image description here

Why can't I view this dashboard in Tableau Server?

September 20, 2021 1:48 PM IST
  • To create a data source or workbook in Tableau Desktop and publish the data source or workbook to Tableau server, you will need to configure a DSN on each machine (Desktop and Server), specifying connection properties and creating DSNs using the same name on each machine. Information for connecting to MongoDB follows, along with different instructions for configuring a DSN in Windows and Linux environments.

Set the Server, Database, User, and Password connection properties to connect to MongoDB. To access MongoDB collections as tables you can use automatic schema discovery or write your own schema definitions. Schemas are defined in .rsd files, which have a simple format. You can also execute free-form queries that are not tied to the schema.

When you configure the DSN, you may also want to set the Max Rows connection property. This will limit the number of rows returned, which is especially helpful for improving performance when designing reports and visualizations.

October 11, 2021 12:47 PM IST
  • There can be many reasons for this type of error:

1. Mismatching of servers on the server machine.

2. Your workbook has too much data that the server can't be able to handle.

3. There might be an error due to some other reason so try to publish your dashboard again.

You can check the tableau tutorial for more details.

October 8, 2021 1:00 PM IST
  • You probably need to install the Simba's ODBC driver on the machine that runs your Tableau Server.
      September 20, 2021 5:22 PM IST